Jeff actively embraces the community process, leads through listening, and enjoys those unexpected moments when the best idea surfaces from the most unlikely source. A founding principal of MS&R, Jeff has 40 years of design expertise in libraries and commercial office buildings, including more than 125 libraries across the United States and 1.25 million square feet of office space. Known for leading the discussion on important issues surrounding libraries and the workplace today, he is a frequent conference lecturer for the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA), American Library Association (ALA), and Public Library Association (PLA) and has written numerous articles and books on topics related to libraries and office space. His work has received numerous design awards, including a national AIA Honor Award and an AIA/ALA Library Building Award. Jeff was elected into the AIA College of Fellows in 1998.
- Al Ain Library (Al Ain, United Arab Emirates) facilities plan and concept design.
- Fayetteville Public Library’s Blair Library (Fayetteville, AR).
- Hennepin County Libraries Champlin, Edina, Maple Grove, Ridgedale, and Southdale
(Hennepin County, MN).
- Herman Miller Design Yard and Front Door (Holland, MI).
- Louisville Free Public Library (Louisville, KY) master plan and implementation.
- Madison Central Library (Madison, WI).
- Minneapolis Public Library Franklin and Hosmer Libraries and Central Library Interim Facility (Minneapolis, MN).
- Saint Cloud Public Library (Saint Cloud, MN).
- SEI Investments Corporate Headquarters (Oaks, PA).
- Tulsa City-County Library Central Library (Tulsa, OK).
- United States Senate Library (Washington, DC).
- Urban Outfitters Corporate Campus (Philadelphia, PA).